In today’s modern world, technology has made our lives easier and more convenient. One such invention is the Kangaroo Doorbell, a smart device that allows you to monitor your front door from anywhere in the world. However, like any other electronic device, it needs to be connected to the internet through a wifi network to function properly. If you have recently changed your wifi network or are facing connectivity issues, this guide will help you learn how to change the wifi on your Kangaroo Doorbell.
Changing the wifi on your Kangaroo Doorbell can seem like a daunting task, but with the right guidance, it can be a quick and easy process. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to change the wifi on your Kangaroo Doorbell. We will cover all the necessary information from the initial setup to troubleshooting common connectivity issues. So, sit back, relax, and let’s get started on this technological journey together!
- Open the Kangaroo app on your phone and go to the “Devices” tab.
- Select the Kangaroo doorbell you want to change the wifi on.
- Click on “Device Settings” and then “Wifi Settings.”
- Select “Change Wifi” and follow the prompts to connect to your new wifi network.
- Once connected, your Kangaroo doorbell will be online and ready to use on the new network.
How to Change WiFi on Kangaroo Doorbell?
Are you having trouble changing the WiFi on your Kangaroo doorbell? Do you want to connect your doorbell to a new network? This article will guide you through the process of changing the WiFi on your Kangaroo doorbell.
Step 1: Reset the Doorbell
The first step to changing the WiFi on your Kangaroo doorbell is to reset the device. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Locate the reset button on the back of the doorbell.
2. Press and hold the button for 10 seconds until the LED light flashes rapidly.
3. Release the button and wait for the doorbell to reboot.
Benefits of Resetting the Doorbell:
– Resets the doorbell to its default settings.
– Clears any previous WiFi network connections.
Step 2: Connect to a New Network
Once the doorbell is reset, you can connect it to a new WiFi network. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Open the Kangaroo app on your smartphone.
2. Tap on the doorbell icon and select “Settings”.
3. Tap on “WiFi Settings” and select “Manual Setup”.
4. Enter the name and password of the new WiFi network.
5. Tap on “Save” to connect the doorbell to the new network.
Benefits of Connecting to a New Network:
– Allows you to use the doorbell on a different WiFi network.
– Improves the doorbell’s connection and performance.
Step 3: Verify the Connection
After connecting the doorbell to the new WiFi network, it’s important to verify the connection. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Go to the doorbell’s live stream on the Kangaroo app.
2. Check if the video feed is clear and stable.
3. Test the doorbell’s motion detection and push notifications.
Benefits of Verifying the Connection:
– Ensures that the doorbell is properly connected to the new WiFi network.
– Confirms that the doorbell is functioning correctly.
Step 4: Troubleshooting
If you encounter any issues during the process of changing the WiFi on your Kangaroo doorbell, try these troubleshooting tips:
1. Ensure that the doorbell is close to the router.
2. Check if the WiFi network is working properly.
3. Restart the router and the doorbell.
4. Contact Kangaroo support for assistance.
Benefits of Troubleshooting:
– Helps to resolve any issues that may arise.
– Saves time and effort by addressing the problem quickly.
Changing the WiFi on your Kangaroo doorbell is a simple process that can be done in just a few steps. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily connect your doorbell to a new WiFi network and enjoy its benefits. Remember to verify the connection and troubleshoot any issues to ensure that your doorbell is working properly.
Key Takeaways: How to Change Wi-Fi on Kangaroo Doorbell
- Make sure your Kangaroo Doorbell is powered on and connected to your current Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Kangaroo app on your mobile device and tap on the doorbell icon to access the device settings.
- Select “Device Settings” and then “Wi-Fi Settings” to view the available Wi-Fi networks.
- Select the new Wi-Fi network you want to connect to and enter the password when prompted.
- Wait for the device to connect to the new network and follow any additional prompts to complete the setup process.
- If you encounter any issues, try resetting the doorbell by pressing and holding the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Remember to test the new Wi-Fi connection to ensure the doorbell is working properly.
Changing the Wi-Fi network on your Kangaroo Doorbell is a simple process that can be completed in just a few steps. By following these key takeaways, you can ensure that your doorbell is connected to the correct network and working as intended. Don’t forget to test the connection after making any changes to ensure that your device is functioning properly.
Changing the Wi-Fi on your Kangaroo Doorbell is a fairly easy process that can be done in just a few steps. With the increasing need for home security, it is essential to ensure that your doorbell is connected to a reliable and secure network. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can ensure that your Kangaroo Doorbell is connected to the right network, and you can keep an eye on your home security from anywhere.
In conclusion, changing the Wi-Fi on your Kangaroo Doorbell is an important step to ensure the security of your home. The process is simple and straightforward, and it can be done in just a few minutes. If you follow the steps outlined in this guide, you can be sure that your doorbell is connected to a secure network, and you can enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your home is protected. So, go ahead and change the Wi-Fi on your Kangaroo Doorbell today, and enjoy the added security and convenience that it provides!